Series B14 – Gas Detection System Receivers
The Series B14 Receivers are compact electronic modules that provide local alarm, display and signal transmission functions for gas detection systems. The modules are designed to accept input from either two, three or four wire 4-20 mA transmitters. The transmitters can be located up to 10,000 feet from the receiver. They are ideally suited for use with ATI’s toxic or combustible gas transmitters.
- The Model B14 alarm receivers are DIN rail mounted modules that can be supplied in single or multiple unit enclosures.
- Gas concentrations are indicated directly in ppm, ppb, percent or percent LEL with the display range selectable by the user.
- Each module provides separate caution, warning, and alarm setpoints with LED bar indicators of each alarm point. LED indicators flash on initial alarm condition and change to steady on when the alarm is indicated.
- Modules contain individual relays for each alarm setpoint. However, each relay can be assigned to any setpoint to allow multiple alarm functions at a single alarm point. Relays are configurable for either standard or fail safe operation and for either latching or non-latching operation.
- A fourth LED alarm bar and relay are provided to indicate trouble conditions. The trouble alarm and relay will activate on loss of input signal or it the 4-20 mA input drops below a specific value.
- Isolated input contacts are provided to allow an unpowered switch input for acknowledgement of alarm conditions from a remote location or via telemetry equipment.
- Modules provide a 24 VDC power supply to operate either 2 or 3 wire transmitters
- A 4-20 mA output is provided from each module, optically isolated from the input signal to avoid ground fault problems.
- B14 modules are powered from a 12 VDC power supply available as an option and up to 3 modules can be powered from one power supply (or 2 battery backup is used). Customers provided 12-28 VDC supplies may also be used.
|Concentration Display||4 Digit LED, programmable range|
|Input||2, 3 or 4-wire 4-20 mA transmitter|
|Output||Isolated 4-20 mA, 1,000 ohms maximum load|
|Power||15-28 VDC, 400 mA maximum|
|Concentration Alarms||Three adjustable concentration alarms. Setpoints adjustable from 5-100% of span|
|Alarm Indicators||LED bars for Caution, Warning and Alarm|
|Indicator Function||Caution and Warning indicator non-latching. Alarm indicator latching|
|Alarm Relays||Three assignable relays, 7 A, 120 VAC (4 A, 220 VAC) resistive.
Alarms are assignable to any one of three programmable setpoints
|Relay Function||Configurable for Normal/Fail-safe Latching/Non-latching, 2/second/10 second delay, or external horn function|
|Trouble Function||Front panel, LED bar indicator and SPDT, 7 A relay,
Factory set for fail-safe operation
|Alarm & Relay Reset||Activated from front panel switch or through remote reset switch|
|External Reset||Input terminals provided for unpowered contact input|
|Gas Indicator||LED bar on front panel with gas symbol overlay|
|Electrical Connections||Quick disconnect pluggable terminal blocks|
|Module Mounting||Mounts to 35 x 7.5mm DIN rail|
|Operating Temperature||-40ºC to 55ºC|
|Humditity||0-99% RH, non-condensing|
For pricing, please call AFC International at 1-800-952-3293, 219-987-6825 or fax 219-987-6826 or email email@example.com.