Model Q46H/64 Dissolved Ozone Monitor from ATI
ATI’s Model Q46H/64 Dissolved Ozone Monitor provides an economical and reliable measurement system for monitoring and controlling ozone treatment systems. With a variety of outputs including 4-20 mA analog, PID control, three adjustable relays and digital communication, the Q46H/64 is adaptable to any ozone application.
Many drinking water systems add fluoride to their water to help their residents prevent tooth decay. To achieve a fluoride concentration of about 1 PPM, a hydrofluorosilicic acid or sodium fluoride solution is metered into the process at a rate that is proportional to total plant flow. However, flow control problems may result in a loss of chemical feed or over-feed condition. An on-line fluoride monitor can provide reliable control of chemical addition for a consistent fluoride concentration.
ATI’s Model 46H/64 monitors use a polarographic membraned sensor to accurately measure ozone in water. The sensor operates much like a battery, generating current that is nearly proportional to the concentration of zone in solution. An ozone-permeable membrane isolates the sensor from the measured sample and insures that the measurement is interference free.
Two version of the sensor are available, a sensor intended for installation in a flowcell and a sensor intended for submersion applications. Requiring minimal maintenance, sensors are easy to use and easy to maintain. An integral RTD rovides temperature compensation and allows temperature to be displayed and transmitted from the monitor.
Ozone sensors require 2 to4 hours of stabilization time when first installed or after membrane change. ATI offers a battery powered “polarizer” that can be used to stabilize a spare sensor so it is ready to run within a few minuted of installation. Polarizers imply plug into the sensor connector and require no adjustments.
- Programmable range options from 0-200 ppb up to 0-200 ppm provide maximum application flexibility
- Power options include universal 100-240 AC or 12-24 VDC
- Standard PID control function assignable to one analog output
- Available in either Profibus DP, Modbus, or Ethernet
- Two isolated 4-20 mA outputs are standard, with an option for a third output if required. Default setting provides analog outputs for ozone and temperature
- The pH input option enables monitor to measure both dissolved ozone and pH. One analog output may be assigned to the pH measurement, allowing remote monitoring and recording of both variables
- Nema 4X (IP-66) enclosure is suitable for wall, pipe or panel mounting
- Back-lit large LCD display provides clear visibility in any lighting conditions. A scrolling second line on the display provides additional information and programming prompts.
- Three SPDT relays are standard, with relay functions programmable for alarm, control or trouble indication. Three additional low power relays available as an option.
Dissolved ozone sensors require a steady flow of sample across the membrane at the tip of the sensing assembly. A number of options for flowcells, including the standard constant-head overflow system, a sealed flowcell for pressures up to 50 psi and a low volume flowcell where low sample flow is important. A 1½” flow tee is also available for in-line applications with reliable constant flow and pressure conditions.
Specifications – Electronic Monitor
|Display Range||0-200.0 ppb, 0-2.000 ppm, 0-20.00 ppm, 0-200.0 ppm|
|Zero Drift||< 0.01 ppm per month|
|Power||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz 10 VA max or 12-24 VD, 500 mA max|
|Analog Outputs||Two isolated 4-20 mA, 500Ω load maximum, 3rd output optional|
|Relays||Three SPDT, contacts rated 6 amp @ 250 VAC,5 amp @ 24 VD (3 additional low power SPST non-isolated relays optional)|
|Display||4 digit, 0.75″ numeric LCD with 12 digit second line, LED back light|
|Enclosure||NEMA 4X (IP-66) Polycarbonate, V-0 flammability|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 60ºC|
Specifications – Flowcell
|Sensor Type||Membrane-covered Polargraphic (flow type or submersible)|
|Wetted Materials||PVC and Titanium|
|Sensor Cable||25 foot standard, 100 foot maximum with junction box|
|Response Time||90% in 60 seconds|
|Sample Pressure||0-50 psig|
|Temperature Sensor||Internal Pt100 RTD|
|Flowcell Materials||Acrylic with barb fittings|
|Sample Connections||¼” id hose barb inlet, ½” id hose barb drain for standard flowcell|
For pricing please call AFC International at 800-952-3293, 219-987-6825 or fax 219-987-6826 or email email@example.com.