Model Q46/84 Hydrogen Peroxide Monitor from ATI
ATI’s Model Q46/84 Hydrogen Peroxide Monitor is designed to continuously measure the concentration of H2O2 in aqueous systems. Using a direct peroxide sensor, the unit responds rapidly to changes in concentration, enabling operators to control chemical feed to maintain specific targets. With both digital and analog communication available, the Q46 is adaptable to a wide variety of peroxide monitoring applications.
Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is an extremely strong oxidizer which is widely used in bleaching application in the paper industry and is sometimes added to water systems for the purpose of disinfection. In addition, it is used in wastewater collection systems to remove hydrogen sulfide that destroys concrete pipe and manhole structures. Peroxide application in aqueous systems, like most chemical treatment processes, function most efficiently with accurate measurement and control.
Hydrogen Peroxide sensors are amperimetric devices isolated from the water by a peroxide permeable membrane. As peroxide diffuses through this membrane, it comes in contact with an active electrode and is oxidized on the surface. The net effect is that the sensor generates a current proportional to H2O2 concentration. An integral RTD in the sensor provides for automatic temperature compensation, allowing the sensor to operate accurately over a range of 0-50°C.
Peroxide sensors are capable of operating over a fairly broad concentration range, from a low range of 0-2 ppm up to a high range of 0-200 ppm. Systems will operate with good sensitivity down to 0.05 ppm and respond to changes in concentration within about 60 seconds, making them useful for automatic control.
- Programmable range options from 0-2 ppm up to 0-200 ppm provide maximum application flexibility.
- Power options include universal 90-260 VAC and 12-24 VDC
- Two isolated 4-20 mA outputs are standard, with an option for a third if required. Default settings provide analog outputs for H2O2 and temperature.
- Standard PID control function assignable to one analog output.
- Available in either Profibus-DP, Modbus-RTU, Modbus-TCP/IP or Ethernet-IP
- Three SPDT relays are standard with relay function programmable for alarm, control or trouble indication. Three additional low power relays available as an option
- NEMA 4X (IP-66) enclosure is suitable for wall, pipe or panel mounting
- Back lit large LCD display provides clear visibility in any lighting conditions. A scrolling second line on the display provides additional information and programming prompts.
Hydrogen Peroxide sensors require a steady flow of sample across the membrane at the tip of the sensing assembly. ATI offers options for flowcells, including the standard constant-head overflow system, and a sealed flowcell for pressures up to 50 psi. For simplicity of installation, complete flow control assemblies are available. Panel assemblies are available with or without a flow switch and can greatly reduce installation time.
|Display Range||0-2.000, 0-20.00, 0-200.00 ppm|
|Temperature Drift||0.01% of span/°C|
|Accuracy||0.1 ppm of selected range|
|Linearity||0.1% of selected range|
|Analog Output||Two isolated 4-20 mA, 500 Ω load maximum, 3rd output optional|
|Relays||Three SPDT 6A@250VAC, 5A@24VDC|
|Display||4 digit, 0.75″ numeric LCD with 12 character second line, LED back light|
|Enclosure||NEMA 4X (IP-66) Polycarbonate, V-0 flammabiltiy|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to 60°C|
|Zero Drift||<0.01 ppm/month|
Specifications-Sensors & Flowcells
|H2O2 Sensor||Membraned covered polargraphic|
|Response Time||90% in 60 seconds|
|Temperature Limits||0 to 50°C|
|Pressure Limits||0-50 psig|
|Sensor Cable||25′ standard|
|Sensor Flowcell||Clear acrylic constant head overflow standard, sealed acrylic flowcell optional|
|Sample Connections||¼” id hose barb inlet, ½” id hose barb drain for standard flowcell|
|Temperature Sensot||Internal Pt100 RTD|
|Sample Flow||5-15 GPH (0.3-1.0 LPM)|
For pricing please call AFC International at 800-952-3293, 219-987-6825 or fax 219-987-6826 or email email@example.com.