Mini Laser Methane Leak Detector from Crowcon
Mini Laser Methane Leak Detector (LMm) is a compact handheld gas leak detector that can detect methane gas from a safe distance (0-100M). Utilizing laser technology, methane leaks can be quickly confirmed by pointing the laser beam towards the suspected leak, or along the survey line. This technology removes the need to access elevated places reducing cost and improving the speed of leak detection activities. LMn is ideal for use in industrial, commercial and research environments, anywhere methane could be present and in need of locating or monitoring.
LMm is actively replacing handheld gas leak detectors that rely on users being within arms’ reach of the potential leak source. This means users do not need to enter a potentially hazardous location and therefore improves survey effectiveness. ATEX Intrinsic safety approval means the LMn is suitable for use in Zone 1 and Zone 2 applications.
LMn is easy to operate and requires no maintenance. An automatic self check during start up ensures consistent performance and reliability every time units are turned on. The green laser guide light is highly visible even under strong sunlight, making locating leaks easier. The Bluetooth option combines the benefit of LMn with additional data storage functions, allowing connection to an Android device using the GasViewer app. Important data including gas level, time, date and location are combined and can then be saved or emailed to a central point.
- Point and shoot technology
- Compact and lightweight
- Green guide laser light
- Wide organic electroluminescence display
- Requires little or no training and is easy to use
- Clear visibility of where you are surveying
- Clear and bright readout on screen
- No moving parts
- Self Check and automatic calibration on start up
- Little maintenance required
- Ensure accurate and reliable reading
- Data storage
- Bluetooth and Gasviewer app
- Location service in Gasviewer app
- Full data logging capabilities
- Connectivity to Android devices
- Save leak location information for later and find the leak easier next time with the photo function
LaserMethane Mini detects methane by emitting infrared light and examining the light that is reflected back. Methane gas absorbs specific frequencies which LMn uses to calculate how much methane is present along with beam path. LMn measures the average methane gas density along the path of the beam and readings are reported in ppm-m which is the product of concentration of the methane cloud (ppm) and the length of the beam path (m). The measurement and guide beams can penetrate some opaque surfaces, for example glass or perspex, allowing detection of methane through windows in locked rooms.
- Industrial & commercial property surveys
- Emergency call out
- Gas plants
- Landfill gas monitoring
- Road surface survey
- Pipeline survey
|Detection Limits||1-50,000 ppm-m (%LEL or % Vol available)|
|Detection Distance||0.5 to 100M using an optional reflect sheet|
|Guide Laser Light Color||Green|
|Operating Time||About 4 hours|
|Operating Temperature||-17 to 50°C|
|Best Application||Outdoors under strong sunlight|
|Size||2.8″ x 7″ x 1.6″|
|Certifications||ATEX, Class 3R: 5mW, CE (R&TTE)|
- Never point this detector towards the sun
- Never look into the laser beam
- Do not use in hazardous areas of any zone or class
For pricing, please call AFC International at 1-800-952-3293, 219-987-6825 or fax 219-987-6826 or email email@example.com.