Escape Hood from Sundstrom
The Sundstrom Escape Hood is designed for evacuation in the event of fire and or chemical emission accident. The hood is based on a Sundstrom silicone half mask, which is mounted in a hood made of flame resistant material. The hood can be put on quickly and simply without prior adjustment. The hood is equipped with a gas filter and particulate filter and provides short term protection against carbon monoxide and other toxic gases and particles that may be emitted in a fire.
The hood is vacuum packed in an aluminum bag. It is delivered in a contingency bag made of nylon and designed for mounting on a belt.
Provided that the hood is always serviced within the maintenance period (7.5 years) and that the aluminum packaging is unbroken, there is no limit to the useful life of the hood. On every service occasion, Sundstrom will examine and service the hood and change the components that need changing in order to ensure that the hood will be in good condition for a further shelf life of 7.5 years. The service concept can be somewhat simplified terms as a form of insurance that provides the user with “escape protection” as long as he/she decides to participate in the systems.
- Protects against radiant heat, smoke and chemical release
- Compact, light and portable
- One size fits all, with an inner mask of silicone and an elastic neck seal for superior fit
- Unique self adjusting head harness allowing extremely easy and quick donning without prior adjustment
- Highly visible hood with a large anti-fog treated visor for increased field of vision
- Flame and chemical resistant material
- Can be used with eyeglasses, beards and long hair
- Highly efficient filter combination protecting against toxic gases, fumes and particles including carbon monoxide
- Extremely low breathing resistance, easier breathing in an escape situation
- Exceeds the requirements of the standards
- 10 year shelf life with a service program
- Temperature Range of -20 to 55°C
|Nominal Protection Factor||>50|
|Dimensions||210 x 160 x 150mm|
|Shelf Life||10 years|
|Filter Efficiency, NaCl||>99.997%|
|Filter Efficiency, Paraffin Oil||>99.997%|
|Carbon Monoxide, 0.25%||30 min|
|Carbon Monoxide, 0.50%||30 min|
|Carbon Monoxide, 0.75%||30 min|
|Carbon Monoxide, 1.0%||30 min|
|Acrolein, 100 ppm||>100 min*|
|Hydrogen Chloride, 1,000 ppm||>36 min*|
|Hydrogen Cyanide, 400 ppm||>25 min*|
|Cyclohexane, 1,000 ppm||110 min|
|Chlorine, 1,000 ppm||130 min|
|Hydrogen Sulfide, 1,000 ppm||210 min*|
|Sulfur Dioxide, 1,000 ppm||130 min|
|Ammonia, 1,000 ppm||130 min|
* Test interrupted, no breakthrough could be monitored.
For pricing, please call AFC International at 1-800-952-3293, 219-987-6825 or fax 219-987-6826 or email email@example.com.
|Escape Hood in Hard Plastic Box for Stationary Storage||
|Escape Hood in Soft Nylon Case||