SPM Flex Chemcassette Tape Based Gas Detector
Improve safety and productivity with the most flexible, user friendly tape based gas detector for low level toxics, the SPM Flex Isocyanate Detector by Honeywell Analytics.
Prices start at $81.00 for the ChemCassettes.
For best pricing, please call 1-800-952-3293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Improve safety and productivity with the most flexible, user friendly tape based gas detector for low level toxics, the SPM Flex Isocyanate Detector by Honeywell Analytics. The SPM Flex, the next evolution of the SPM & TLD gas detectors with Chemcassette tape technology, is capable of working as both a fixed and a portable unit. The monitor detects the ultrasensitive gases inherent in your operations, including:
- Mineral acids
The SPM Flex is a highly automated single point monitor that is intuitive, easy to use and designed to the unique needs of your operation.
- The Honeywell SPM Flex is easy to choose the target gas, just turn the Flex on, snap in the proper Chemcassette tape and use the intuitive LCD menu to select the gas from the list. Need to monitor for a gas in a different family? Just swap out the Chemcassette tape and choose the new gas. No ChemKeys required.
- The SPM Flex has a quick start up for emergency response. It is running in under 2 minutes – so your response team can quickly gear up and go to the site.
- The SPM Flex is easy to use with protective equipment or hazmat gear. Purpose built with the user experience in mind, the SPM Flex is easy to carry operate and read – even when you are wearing a hazmat suit or other protective gear. The monitor has large, chunky buttons that are easy to use. And when you carry the SPM Flex, the display faces up so it’s easy to read.
- The SPM Flex is capable of working as both a fixed and a portable unit, an important addition to your toxic gas monitoring system. Use it to investigate suspected leaks, or, if you have a monitoring point that is out of service, use the SPM Flex to replace it – with the option to plug it in or use the long lasting battery.
- The SPM Flex is visible at a distance. Thanks to a crisp display and a color coded LED bar on top of the SPM Flex, you can see alarm status, gas concentration and other data easily from a distance. So even if you are not right next to your SPM Flex, you always know the health of your unit and the safety of your area.
- The SPM Flex offers remote viewing through the web. Your visibility even extends to other rooms and buildings, thanks to the unit’s web capabilities. Simply plug an Ethernet cable into the SPM Flex, and use the easy to read web interface to see the status of the unit – no matter where you are.
- The SPM Flex stands up to harsh conditions. Working in the sun and rain, around blasts of steam, or other challenging environmental conditions? The SPM Flex goes where you do, standing up to changes in temperature and humidity without compromising accuracy. It also works well in cleanrooms, thanks to its Teflon coating that does not attract dust. And if it is every exposed to toxic gas or caustic liquid, just hose it down or use a decontamination wipe.
- With the SPM Flex, you can rest assured that every monitoring moment is being recorded – and ready for analysis whenever you need it. Whether you want to report a gas incident or investigate a trend, the monitor keeps up to a three month history of gas concentrations, alarms, tape changes and other factors. Plus, you have the option to view this data through a web server, or you can easily download it to a USB drive.
- Need to change the detection limit for a gas? Alter the parameters for latching alarms? Just adjust your settings with the intuitive menu – then use the USB port to download and transfer them to other units. So it is a snap to deploy multiple monitors with a consistent configuration.
- The SPM Flex has easily serviceable parts and a reliable battery, so you can count on long-lasting portable use – and an affordable cost of ownership. Even more, if the SPM Flex is plugged in and you lose power, the internal battery kicks in as backup so the unit keeps monitoring.
|Detection Technique||Chemcassette tape based with advanced self monitoring optics design|
|Alarm Point||Chemcassette dependent|
|Battery Type||Lithium ion|
|Battery Life||6+ hours, approximately 70% of its original capacity after 300 full charge/discharge cycles|
|Flow System||Automatic flow control with bypass system, 250 or 500 cc/min at tape, higher flow at inlet to reduce sample time (internal bypass system); sample up to 100 feet|
|Local Alarms/Status||Visual: LEDs for alarm, normal condition and fault
Audible: User selectable: Off, Low – 75 dB at 1M, Medium – 85 dB at 1 M, High > 90 dB at 1M
|Interface||4 large buttons, 3.5″, color LCD TFT display, web server|
|Data Logging||Rolling up to 3 months (15 second with no gas reading, 1 second when reading gas), event history (1,500 events – about 1 year)|
|Maximum Inlet/Outlet Pressure Differential||Overall maximum load on the pump between the inlet and the exhaust should not exceed 10″ H2O|
|Relays||250 V, 6a maximum|
|Wire Gauges||Minimum: 24; Maximum: 14|
|USB||2.0 or later|
|Indoor/Outdoor Use||Both, power supply is indoor only|
|Operating Altitudes||-1,000 to 3,000 feet above sea level: standard; 3,000 feet to 6,000 feet above sea level, requires adjustment by Honeywell|
|External Switch or Circuit Breaker Requirement||Meet or exceed all local codes and regulations|
|Ventilation Requirements||Mount with no obstructions within 4″ of either side or within 2″ above and below the detector|
|Power Supply||Universal line powered (90-260 VAC 50/60 Hz) for battery charger & non-classified use. Battery: 6+ hours under typical conditions – acts as battery back up in fixed applications|
|Power Consumption||About 1.9 at 2.4 VDC (including battery charging current)|
|Communications||Relays: Alarm 1, Alarm 2, Fault (user configurable for normally open/closed) 4-20 mA
Ethernet with Modbus TCP/IP and web server
USB port for memory stick configuration/data transfer
Communications connector and optional communications cable: 60 V, 5 A maximum
|Temperature||0 to 40°C for most gases|
|Humidity||0-100% RH for unit, sample RH limited per tape/calibration. Sample line requires additional hardware to remove moisture in high RH conditions where condensing may occur. The sample must be non-condensing. Dry conditions may require humidification|
|Mounting Screws||Concrete: 5/16″ x 2″ vibration resistant stud anchor for concrete, add .25″ to length when mounting bracket with sun shield
Wood: 5/16″ x 2″ flange head lag screw for wood, add .25″ to length when mounting bracket with sun shield
|Dimensions||13.2″ x 7.2″ x 6.4″|
|Certifications||UL: 61010-1, 3rd edition, 2012-05
CAN/CSA: C22.2 No 61010-1, 3rd edition, 2012-05
IEC: 61010-1: 2010, 3rd edition
FCC approval for RFID board + Canadian & European
What is a Chemcassette™?
The Chemcassette is the colorimetric based sensor used by your SPM Flex gas monitoring systems to detect and measure toxic gases. It consists of a special substrate that been coated with proprietary chemical formulations that produce a color reaction in dry form when exposed to a specific gas or family of gases. Chemcassettes are extremely sensitive and specific to the gas or gases they are designed to detect. As a result, they are a fast, accurate, virtually interference free detection method.
Each step of the Chemcassette production process is carefully controlled to assure that the Chemcassette will perform as intended in your Flex gas detector. Each and every Chemcassette batch is dynamically tested according to NIOSH methodologies with a gas it is designed to detect and the results are carefully documented. Our ISO 9001 quality control standards are strict enough to meet rigorous US Nuclear Regulatory Commission audit requirements. Each step in the manufacturing and testing process is fully documented and traceable to NIST standards through the serial number assigned to each Chemcassette.
14 Day Cassettes
30/90 Day Cassette
|Arsine||0.5-500 ppb||2.5/5 ppm||1265-4000||1265-3000|
|Phosphine||3-3,000 ppb||150/300 ppb||1265-4000||1265-3000|
|Diborane||5-1,000 ppb||50/100 ppb||1265-4000||1265-3000|
|Silane||0.03-50 ppm||2.5 ppm/5 ppb||1265-4000||1265-3000|
|Germane||50-2,000 ppb||100/200 ppb||1265-4000||1265-3000|
|Hydrogen Selenide||2-500 ppb||25/50 ppb||1265-4000||1265-3000|
|Hydrogen Sulfide||0.001-9.999 ppm||0.5/1 ppm||1265-4000||1265-3000|
|Hydrogen Fluoride||0.02-20 ppm||1/2 ppm||1265-4001||1265-3001|
|Hydrogen Chloride||0.02-20 ppm||1/2 ppm||1265-4001||1265-3001|
|Hydrogen Bromide||0.02-10 ppm||1/2 ppm||1265-4001||1265-3001|
|Boron Trifluoride||0.05-10 ppm||0.5/1.0 ppm||1265-4001||1265-3001|
|Mineral Acids – Export Unrestricted|
|Hydrogen Fluoride||0.4-20 ppm||1/2 ppm||1265-4012||1265-3012|
|Hydrogen Chloride||0.02-20 ppm||1/2 ppm||1265-4012||1265-3012|
|Hydrogen Bromide||0.02-10 ppm||1/2 ppm||1265-4012||1265-3012|
|Boron Trifluoride||0.05-10 ppm||0.5/1.0 ppm||1265-4012||1265-3012|
|Chlorine||0.005-5 ppm||0.25/.5 ppm||1265-4002||1265-3002|
|Chlorine||0.01-5 ppm||0.25-0.5 ppm||1265-4004||1265-3004*|
|Fluorine||0.01-10 ppm||0.5/1.0 ppm||1265-4004||1265-3004*|
|Nitrogen Dioxide||0.03-10 ppm||0.1/0.2 ppm||1265-4004||1265-3004*|
|Chlorine Dioxide||20-1,000 ppm||50/100 ppb||1265-4004||1265-3004*|
|Ammonia||0.01-150 ppm||12.5/25 ppm||1265-4003||1265-3003|
|Dimethylamine||0.5-50 ppm||2.5/5 ppm||1265-4003||1265-3003|
|Tetrakis, Dimethylamido Tritanium||0.01-20 ppm||1/2 ppm||1265-4003||1265-3003|
|Trimethylamine||0.3-50 ppm||2.5/5 ppm||1265-4003||1265-3003|
|Toluene Diisocyanate (TDI)||0.5-200 ppb||1/2 ppb||1265-4006||1265-3006*|
|Methylene Disphenyl Isocyanate (MDI)||0.5-200 ppb||2.5/5 ppb||1265-4006||1265-3006*|
|Hexamethylene Diisocyanate (HDI)||0.5-150 ppb||2.5/5 ppb||1265-4006||1265-3006*|
|Hydrogenated Xylene Diisocyanate (H6XDI)||0.5-150 ppb||2.5/5 ppb||1265-4006||1265-3006*|
|Methylene bis-(4-cyclohexylisocyanate)(HMDI)||0.5-100 ppb||2.5/5 ppb||1265-4006||1265-3006*|
|Isophorone Diisocyanate (IPDI)||0.5-150 ppb||2.5/5 ppb||1265-4006||1265-3006*|
|Xylene Diisocyanate (XDI)||0.5-200 ppb||2.5/5 ppb||1265-4006||1265-3006*|
|Hydrazine||3-1,000 ppb||5/10 ppb||1265-4008||1265-3008|
|Monomethyl Hydrazine||3-2,000 ppb||5/10 ppb||1265-4008||1265-3008|
|Dimethyl Hydrazine||3-2,000 ppb||5/10 ppb||1265-4008||1265-3008|
|Hydrogen Cyanide||0.2-30 ppm||2.4/4.7 ppm||1265-4009||–|
|Sulfur Dioxide||10-2,500 ppb||120/250 ppb||1265-4005||1265-3005*|
|Ozone||20-1,000 ppb||50/100 ppb||1265-4011||1264-3011|
|Hydrogen Peroxide||0.1-3 ppm||0.5/1.0 ppm||1265-4010||1265-3010|
*30 day cassette
The SPM Flex Isocyanate Detector, the next evolution of the SPM & TLD gas detectors with ChemCassette tape technology, is capable or working as both a fixed and a portable unit. the monitor detects the ultrasensitive gases inherent in your operations, including hydrides, mineral acids, amines and isocyanates. For pricing, please call AFC International at 1-800-952-3293, 219-987-6825 or fax 219-987-6826 or email email@example.com.
Kit Instrument Part No.
|SPM Flex Isocyanate Detector Fixed includes wall mounting bracket, battery, power supply, power cord, CD and quick start guide||SPMF-F1US|
|SPM Flex Isocyanate Detector Portable includes handle assembly, shoulder strap, battery, power cord, CD and quick start guide||SPMF-P1US|
Accessory Ordering Information
|Sample Wand Kit includes probe, filter/holder, coiled tube, mounting hardware||SPMF-WAND|
|Handle for Portable Configuration||SPMF-HNDL|
|Weather Shield for use in fixed configuration, includes mounting hardware||SPMF-WTHR|
|6′ Power Cable with Weather Proof Connector for connection to user 24 VDC||SPMF-PCON|
|10′ Ethernet Cable with Weather Proof Connector, standard male||SPMF-PCON|
|Communication SPM Flex Side Connector, 6′ Communication Cable with Weather Proof Connector and Pit Tale||SPMF-CCON|
|SPM Flex Optics Test Card||1265-2014|
|Union Fitting, use to connect disposable end of line filter to tubing||0235-0095|
|¼” od x 1/8″ FEP tubing for sample inlet, priced per foot||102599|
|¼” od x 3/15″ id Polypropylene tubing for exhaust, priced per foot||10040|
|Standard Mounting Bracket for Fixed SPM Flex||SPFM-MBST|
|Retro-Fit Mounting Bracket for Fixed SPM Flex, compatible with original SPM||SPMF-MBRF|
|Corrosive End of Line Filter||1991-0147|
|Standard End of Line Filter||780248|
|Small Acid Scrubber/Filter||871134|
|Standard Size Acid Scrubber/Filter||710235|