Parat 5500 Escape Hood from Draeger Safety
Airborne toxins present an immediate danger to the health of a workforce. When environments turn toxic, a fast safe escape is crucial. The Draeger Parat 5500 Escape Hood is designed to be easily donned, protecting users from toxic industrial and fire related gases, vapors and particles during escape. The Parat 5500 Full Face Respirator includes the EN CO-P2 filter which is ideal for escape from fires, fire related gases and hydrogen sulfide. The Parat 5500 has faster donning, extended service life and optimized packaging for easy carrying and storage. It is ready for escape in only 3 steps:
- Open the case – seal is broken, filter plugs release and canister deploys automatically
- Put on the hood – internal head harness and elastic neck strap adjusts the hood to fit automatically
By replacing the filter after 8 years, you will extend the service life of the Parat 5500 to 16 years in total, which greatly reduces cost of ownership and long term maintenance costs.
- Clearly visible hood, full face respirator
- Internal head harness that automatically adjusts, no additional tightening required
- High performance filter, the filter expiration date is clearly marked and is automatically released from the packaging when opened
- The exhalation valve directly leads the exhaled air out of the mask
- Hood provides both respiratory and eye protection
- Wide field of vision due to a specially formed visor, which provides continuously clear view due to a special anti-fog coating
Testing performed at 30 LPM, 70% relative humidity, 20°C test with an artificial lung.
|Filter Performance||CO P2 combination filter against toxic fire-related gases, vapors & particles|
|Period of Use||At least 15 minutes|
|Total Service Life||16 years provided filter is exchanged after 8 years|
|Approvals||EN 403:2004, additionally testing for use against H2S (at 2,500 ppm) in accordance with DIN 58647-7|
For pricing, please call AFC International at 1-800-952-3293, 219-987-6825 or fax 219-987-6826 or email email@example.com.
|Parat 5510 Escape Respirator, Single Pack||R59415|
|Parat 5520 Escape Respirator, Soft Pack||R59425|
|Parat 5530 Escape Respirator, Hard Case||R59435|
|Parat Training Hood||R59410|
|Replacement Filter Set for Single Pack||R59474|
|Replacement Filter Set for Soft & Hard Pack||R59475|
|Wall Holder for Hard Case||R59451|
|Fabric Waist Belt||6733934|
|Plastic Waist Belt||R53026|
|Grip Clip, R58742 required||R59455|
|Adapter Plate for Soft Pack||R58742|
|D-Ring for Hard Case, R58742 required||R59457|
Please Note: Do not remove the Parat 5500 hood from its protective package unless it is to be used in an emergency. The filter seal must remain intact until intended for use so that the Parat 5500 will offer the fullest protection. It is important that the user read the instructions for use booklet included before use. The Parat 5500 is not intended for use in atmospheres with less than 19.5% oxygen.